Pages

July 5, 2010

What I Do On Vacation

Our shop is on vacation right now, which just means that it's closed--no one can buy anything. We had to take that step to give us a few days to deal with some health issues in our family, catch up on orders, and reassess where we want to go with this thing.

Midwest Finds started as a way for us to make a little money to fund our hobby and have some fun together. Now it has taken over our lives!

I just need to set boundaries. I need to pick a day or two each week to wash jars and not let that be the center of my life. I am very picky, so I wash more than I let on the shop, but hey, that's me, and that's our shop distinctive--mason jars that are sparkling clean and in better-than-average shape.


So, in this space of rest, I have hope. I'm finding the time to explore our basement and discover new and interesting things to add to the store. And I'm already thinking of CHRISTMAS! If you know you want to buy some of our stuff for Christmas, please don't wait until the last minute. :)

You can be notified when we reopen by signing up here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jena and Bernard...That's why I LOVE your shop!! Your Ball jars are in the best shape and they are so sparkly clean!!! :) Thanks so much for caring! I hope all of you are on the mend.

    Take Care,
    Valerie C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're able to relax a bit - I know that this business can really bog you down and seem to take over your entire life. I just got back from a week vacation in TN and I really enjoyed getting away from the day-to-day business drama for a while. Hope all is well with you and your family : ) ~Destiny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Mason jars ... so glad I stumbled onto your site! I subscribed to you, as well! Hope you're having a wonderful vacation, and staying cool ... the heat is unbearable here! Looking forward to your return, and your treasures! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, everyone needs time to rest! Hope you had some time to yourself. I stumbled upon your site through the Suggested Shops page on my etsy account. So glad I stopped by, your items are amazing. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails