Pages

September 6, 2009

Auctions

There is a special rush that goes with an auction--the fast-talking auctioneer, the scramble to see everything before it goes up in the air, the split-second decision making when you're bidding against someone else. I for one am not fond of that rush. I can't think fast enough and I don't have the guts to be pushy or risky with money. My husband, on the other hand, loves it. So I step back and let him do the bidding. He knows our limits and he's good at it. I just get nervous and flustered. :)

In the picture below, the auctioneer is in the vehicle at the front of the crowd, doing his thing into the microphone. My husband is up there in the crowd somewhere, and I'm standing on a big rock to take the picture.

This auction boasted a lot of "canning jars," and this being canning season, we were up against real canners. We just wanted them for our store. Thankfully, there were plenty of jars to go around. As I sat down on my rock, I turned around and saw this buggy with an Amish family pulling into the auction.




1 comment:

  1. I see the Amish are getting very modern with the automobile mirror. maybe its to see what was left behind.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails